Tuesday 30 October 2012

Day 304: What's That Thing?


I was out in the garage tonight having a bit of a poke around and getting my tools and things sorted for the weekend ahead, while I was there I thought I'd take a quick look under the seat of the ZX14. I found this short cable bolted to the subframe and I couldn't work out what it was for so I took a photo of it withe the iPhone... I think the camera's getting worse on it, the phone's pretty old now and I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade soon.

Back to the cable: I had to look it up in the owners handbook. Apparently it's for securing your helmet to the bike when it's parked, I still don't really get it. I guess with a padlock you could link the D-ring of the helmet to the loop at the end of the cable, but that seems like a hard way to do things and besides, there's a special helmet lock on the side of the bike that opens with the ignition key. That one only lets you lock one helmet to it though, maybe the cable is for your pillion's helmet... as long as they bring their own padlock.

I would have used a better photo if I had one but this is the only photo I took today, the old iPhone 3GS is very limited in it's photographic capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment