Monday 22 October 2012

Day 296: Footy's Back


I've started playing OzTag again after close to four years of inactivity and it's been a little difficult to get back into the swing of it. I knew I'd lost some fitness but I had no idea how much! After my first game, which was two Mondays ago, I could hardly walk for 3 days. Last week I missed the game because I was in Sydney for training but I made use of the Hotel's gym and ran a few K's each day in an effort to prepare myself a little better for tonights game.

Tonight, I felt better and didn't tire as quickly as I did in the first game, instead I managed to perform some extreme exfoliation on my right leg. This is something that I'd forgotten about over the last four years, I've still got scars from some of my old grazes... you'd think that would have been a reminder but apparently not. It's funny how these things slip your mind over time.

My photo today is the after effects of me taking a little slide in the grass tonight. As well as the cuts and grazes there's also a pretty good grass stain on my shin that took some scrubbing in the shower to remove. It did sting a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment