Monday 2 April 2012

Day 93: Apple TV


Belinda has been talking about this Apple TV thing for a while now and I didn't really know what it was all about. Actually, I still don't know what it's all about but I've been assured it's very cool. Apparently you can stream the photos from your MacBook to the TV as a slide show, you can hire movies from the good folk at Apple and watch stuff on Vimeo or YouTube. All these things and more are controlled by the funky little remote that comes with the little black box.

Belinda set it up and had a little play tonight and it was all very exciting except that the cool little remote seems to control pretty much anything Apple that happens to be in range. My internet surfing kept getting interrupted every time Belinda used the remote to try out another Apple TV feature... my volume would go up & down and then some weird Apple options page would open on the screen wiping out the web page I was looking at. Apparently if we pair the remote with the little black box this kind of remote control behaviour can be avoided.

Maybe I'll read the instructions one day and once I know all about it I'll feel young and cool and like one of the 'in' crowd, just as Mr Jobs intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment