Sunday 18 March 2012

Day 78: Fungus Fingers


It's been a while since I last rode the bike, in fact the last time I had the R1 out I blogged about here. On the last ride I ended up getting a bit wet, the rain and hail did a good job of soaking me through my leathers. It seems after hanging my leathers up to air out, I forgot about the damp gloves inside my helmet. 

A little over a month of incubating inside my helmet has made the mess you see sitting on the seat of my bike. Initially, I thought an industrious spider had gone to town on the gloves... the smell was what made me realise what had really happened. The mould covers the gloves so completely that the fingers look to be fused together. The inside of the helmet looks marginally better than the gloves do, but it smells pretty bad and I'll need to remove the padding for a good clean out before I can wear it again.

Needless to say I used another helmet and gloves for my little ride this arvo.

1 comment: