Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 68: Last to Leave


I don't really like blogging about my job because I don't think anyone would find it very interesting. So far I've managed to avoid it, but tonight was an unusual event for me in that I was the last to leave the office.

It's rare that I feel the need to work back late, so I tend not to. It's not that I have anything in particular against it, it's just not usually required. However tonight, I stayed back to work on a proposal that if successful will generate substantial revenue for the business and in turn a tidy commission for me. So the Commodore was the last car in the car park, apart from the two courier vans that stay in the car park overnight.

Staying back meant I didn't get home until close to 7pm. Just before I made it home Belinda rang to ask where I was. In hindsight I probably should have called to let her know as Belinda had assumed that I'd been at the pub. I guess it is a fair assumption to make on a Thursday evening and it really is a far more likely reason for me being home late than what was actually the case tonight.

1 comment: