Monday 12 March 2012

Day 72: The New Car At Last


The new car - a 2006 BMW 530d. I took this photo on the way home today, the plan was to stop at every tourist trap between Coburg & Canberra.

The first was Glenrowan with the big Ned Kelly, it was pretty busy and it was very hard to get a good photo of the car with Ned.

The Ettamogah Pub was next on the list, I actually drove past it and had to make a U-turn to go back... I was sure I didn't see the signs leading up to the turn off. Turns out I didn't, they've been pulled down and the Pub's closed. At least it was easy to get a photo of the car with the Pub in the backround.

After Ettamogah is Holbrook with the enormous submarine that somehow landed in regional NSW a very long way from its natural habitat.

I knew I was getting closer when I pulled in to Gundagai, I was starting to feel pretty tired too. As I was grabbing a coffee I heard someone yelling out my name... It was my brother Dion who was driving a truck in the opposite direction and had pulled in for some fuel. After a quick catch up and showing off of the new car we headed our separate ways.

Eventually I made it home, the car and I travelled around 760km and the fuel gauge is showing about half way between the quarter and half tank marks. So far I'm pretty impressed with my purchase.

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed too, Dale! Looking forward to seeing it and having a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum - you should be asking for a drive, not a ride!

    ReplyDelete